How to Use Waist Trainers – The Smart Way?Jan 19, 18
Not everyone is blessed with that curvaceous hourglass body that comprises a full bust, narrow waist, and rounded butts. Beyoncé, Marilyn Monroe, and Scarlett Johansson are the few who naturally have the body that most women dream of their entire life. The hourglass figure though is something that you too can achieve. Of course, you will pretty much need to bust that butt to get it.
Other than your diet and exercise routine, one more thing that is going to help you in actualizing your dream is the use of a waist trainer. But can you order a random one, start wearing it and get results within a few short days? The answer is no! There is a proper waist trainer for your particular body, and you will need to wear it the right way to get best results.
So what are some of the things that you need to keep in mind to make the most of a waist trainer to achieve your lifelong dream of possessing an hourglass figure? Here is what you need to do.
Choosing the Right Waist Trainers
The very first thing you need to understand is that waist training is actually a thing. It is not something that you decide to do one afternoon. You will need a proper mindset and even some planning before getting into the whole process of reducing your waist inch by inch.
Keep in mind that the idea is not to push yourself too hard. Wearing a waist trainer for too long can be difficult for most people. Start slow. Just wear it for a few hours a day and increase time and days as you go along. If you can’t put it on every single day, then few times a day will also show a significant result. Once your body gets used to the waist trainer, you can then keep wearing it every day for as long as you like.
Search online for a waist trainer that suits your needs. Do you want one that also provides heat or just a simple one? Which material do you think is best for you? If you are allergic to specific material, do not buy a waist trainer made out of that.
Be sure to find the size that you are comfortable with. If it’s too loose, then it is not serving the purpose of cinching your waist in. If it is too tight, then you will not be able to wear it persistently as it will make you too uncomfortable.
If you want something that also supports your back and helps straighten your posture, then a corset is going to work better for you. You can choose between as slimming corset or a steel bone corset, whichever you think best suits your needs.
Do you want to target more than just your waist? Well then, you have some other options too. These include heat shaper belts and tights, shaping bodysuits, sculpting underbust vest and a waist cincher. You are the best judge of what you need. Keep in mind that combining shaping tights and sports bras with waist trainers are going to ensure that you are able to reduce flab from all over your body. This way you will be able to attain an hourglass figure better and much more effectively.
If you are ordering online, be sure to talk to the provider to get the product that meets your requirements. Ask them about sizes as well as product material and return or changing policy if the product doesn’t fit you well. This way, even if there is some problem, you will be able to get the product replaced and continue on your journey of waist training.
Selecting Your Diet Plan
Another crucial thing that you need to keep in mind is that no matter how many waist trainers you wear, or how much exercises you do, if you continue to load up on processed and packaged foods, then your chances of getting that slim waist are next to none.
Yes, waist trainers help significantly, but only when you are also willing to cut down on the junk. This means that you will have to change your diet to speed up the process of effective waist training.
Here is how you can follow a proper diet plan.
- Incorporate more vegetables, fruits, fiber-rich foods, proteins, good carbs, lentils, nuts and seeds in your diet. Make sure you drink up at least 8-10 glasses of water a day and also up your juice game. Don’t go for those commercial juice packs, squeeze some fresh fruit and veggie juice for yourself. You can also add some smoothies to your routine to build muscle mass and experience bursts of instant energy.
- If you must have junk and processed foods, have it no more than once a week and that too in moderation. If you were used to eating half a cheese pizza with bacon, cut it down to two slices with more veggie toppings. Similarly, quit those fries and fizzy drinks. They are the ones causing your tummy to bloat and slowing up your metabolic rate.
- Got a sweet tooth? Well, you will need to reduce that too. Don’t go for a donut or chocolate cupcake every single day. Have it one once a week. Try to get one that is made of whole wheat instead of flour. The less white sugar your system has, the less fat your body will retain.
- Quit smoking and drinking too much. They are not good for your health, period!
To Wear or Not to Wear Waist Trainers during Exercise
Yes, yes and another yes! You will notice a distinct difference in your workout results once you incorporate a waist trainer into exercise. If you are new to waist trainers, then what you can do is put on the waist trainer an hour before training and wear it until one hour after workout. This way, if you are working out even for 30 minutes, your total day’s wear of the waist trainer will be 2 hours and 30 minutes. That is a good enough start for someone who is new to waist trainers.
Just make sure that the trainer fits you well because if you have to keep fixing it while you work out, then it will break your rhythm and will not give as good results as necessary. Most trainers have options where you can tighten them up to make them fit you better. If not, then invest in a corset as those are going to work well for your needs.
Most experts suggest that it is best to workout in waist trainers not corsets as that can make you uncomfortable. You will need to talk to your fitness trainer to find out whether the rule applies to you or not.
Tips for Exercising with Waist Trainer
To make sure that your waist trainers are being used to their maximum prowess, here are some tips on how you can work out in them.
- Make sure to have a routine that you follow every day. For example, if you plan to exercise before breakfast, then stick to that schedule. Routine is a part of behavior and will make it easier for you to follow your fitness plan.
- Plan in advance about which exercises you will do. Select a few basic ones if you are just starting out and stick to them for a while. You can add squats, Pilates, pushups, jumping jacks, and the likes. If you have a membership to the gym, great, just be sure to go every single day and hit the machines.
- Get in a group or exercise with friends or partner. This will allow you to do it diligently and do it even when you don’t feel like it.
Mind Over Matter, Even with Waist Trainers
Remember, waist trainers or anything else for that matter, don’t work overnight. You will need to give it some time to see results. The great thing about waist trainers or body shapewear is that you can wear it underneath all kinds of clothing, no matter where you go, or what you do. It is all about mind over matter. If you are uncomfortable with the idea of wearing your corsets or trainers to work or school, read this.
Not giving up is critical. The more you try, the more significant results you will get. Good luck!